What is SEO?
SEO is short for the Search engine optimization or search engine optimizer, which adjust and optimize the internal & external website, in order to improve the keyword ranking in search engines naturally, get more traffic and increase the amount of visitors to a website, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.
What is PPC?
PPC is short for Pay-Per-Click, which is internet marketing formula for price on-line advertisements used by most companies and lots of websites offer the PPC service, such as the GOOGLE AdWords, as well as the banner of popular websites.
SEO vs. PPC
The main difference between SEO and PPC is that traffic coming from SEO (naturally) is free while traffic generated from PPC is not free, that is to say, you have to pay a cost per click.
The Pros of SEO
- It’s free! SEO don’t charge to have your website come up in results. SEO delivers a continuos flow of free and targeted traffic.
- It’s trustworthy. People trust organic result a lot more than paid advertising. they are much more likely to click on organic listings than on a paid ad.
- Business growth. SEO can help for business growth. SEO play a main role in securing a good online presence, allow you business increased visibility to up to who are using search engine to look for local brand or business.
The Cons of SEO
- lack of control. there are a lot of factors and elements that are out of your control when dealing with organic results.
- Long-term investment. Becoming the most relevant website for a search, especially a competitive search, can take a long time. Be prepared to invest time and money without seeing result some time down the road.
The Pros of PPC
- PPC offers retargeting or remarketing of your visitors
- PPC gives you measurable results
- PPC Gives You Quick Results
- PPC is Actually Affordable
- PPC Allows You to Track Your Ads in Real Time
- PPC Exposes Your Business both Locally and Globally
- PPC Provides Greater Control
The Cons of PPC Marketing
- PPC Can Be Quite Complicated
- PPC Ads Disappear When Your Campaign Ends
- PPC Is Not A Sure-Fire Way To Get Sales
Which gives a better return on investment (ROI)?
PPC normally obtains a better ROI. SEO takes a lot of time and effort to develop the most relevant web presence. PPC give immediate results and increase conversions with minimum spend. Also gives a very cost-effective ROI to get back past customers (Andy Williams, 2013).
Which is better for building a brand?
“Both are essential for building a brand but SEO is probably more important.” TO build a brand need a strong social following and great brand visibility, which be achieved by SEO. Besides, it is a superb platforms to help build a brand through re-marketing campaigns and banner advertising display Network. (Oliver Ewbank, 2013). SEO provides the full package, online brand awareness, brand reputation and brand promotion (Andy Williams, 2013).
BY HAO QIN, LIN SUN
B. Vangie (2013) Search engine opptimization (optimizer)-SEO
DigitalMarketingphilippines (2014) The pro and cons of using SEO for your business
DigitalMarketingphilippines (2014) The pro and cons of PPC marketing
E. Oliver and W. Andy (2013) SEO VS PPC: which is better?
L. Mike (2013) search Engine Marketing: Pros and Cons of Paid and Organic Search Marketing